Monday, December 9, 2013

December 4, 2013

 Hello everyone! What a fantastic week here at the MTC! Thanksgiving morning we got to hear from the Apostle Russel M. Nelson, it was fantastic! He taught us the importance of the Doctrine of Christ and teaching it to our investigators. The spirit was so strong all throughout that day because we also had the opportunity to do a massive service project. All the missionaries entered the cafeteria, dawned our red hair nets, and sang Hymns while we prepared over 350,000 meals for the hungry and homeless. It was such an incredible feeling! The spirit testified to me that giving service brings true happiness, and that "When ye are in the service of you fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17). To finish the night with a cherry on top, when we went outside the Christmas lights were on, all glittering and wrapped around the trees just like temple square. 
  I'm learning a plethora of new words and phrases in Cambodian. along with how to read the script. Which is really hard. It is coming along though actually rather quickly! I'm trusting i the Lord and he is blessing me to learn quickly. 
  In Mission Conference on Fast-Sunday learned about how the star that appeared above Jesus on his birth didn't just appear, but it had to be put into an orbit by God to appear at just the right time. We likewise need to orbit our lives around Christ so that we can be in the right place when he needs us to bless the lives of others or shine as an example. The spirit taught me that I need to put off my own life and become transparent as a missionary, that I may be the window through which others can see Christ. I pray for more Christ-like attributes everyday so I can be that window. 
  Yesterday we woke up to it snowing here in the MTC! The snow is beautiful despite the icy sharpness it brings. I love the majesty of this world that our Lord has created for us. The Christmas lights are entrancing with all the snow. I feel like I'm going to have a white Christmas this year! A stark contrast from the warm and dry valley of Wildomar, California.
  I'm loving it here and I love teaching so much! The Lord is really blessing me, thank you for all your prayers! I keep you in my prayers every night! I know that the Book of Mormon is the true word of God and if you read it and study it carefully you will have His spirit with you and you will know it is true. I testify of these things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
ps. I would love to hear from all of you! While I'm in the MTC and in the field you can send me letters from DearElder.com for free! You just type in my name and mission I think and then send it online and they'll print it off for me here and put it in my mailbox!



No comments:

Post a Comment