Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 27, 2013

Hello Everyone! 
I had an awesome conversation with this guy on the plane named Jim. We just talked about everything really and then i told him i was going to Salt lake to go on a mission to Cambodia which kind of helped me teach about the gospel and he used to be a jehovahs witness when he was a kid. I told him what i believe about the nature of the godhead and other things and bore testimony of the book of mormon when i gave him one and he said he would look at it. He said he doesn't need religion it he said he would check it out and i wrote my testimony in the front.
That title might be confusing but that's seriously what it feels like. Every day feels like a week, its so weird! I'm absolutely LOVING it here. I'm with 4 other Elders going to Cambodia and one Sister. We're all learning Khmer and its incredibly fun but also incredibly difficult. Our lokruu (or teachers) started speaking to us in Cambodian the minute we showed up in the classroom and i couldn't understand anything. But everyday i learn more and now I can understand like a quarter of what they say and sometimes even more. I'm truly experiencing the gift of tongues as i learn the language. The Church is so true!! I'm learning how better to teach by the spirit and be an instrument of the Lord rather than trying to depend on my own abilities. We started teaching an "investigator" in Cambodian on day 3 and we don't get to speak English so we really depend on the spirit! The language is crazy hard but i love learning it. I notice I learn way better when I focus on learning the doctrine of Chirst. The language just comes when I'm trying to use it to teach gospel Doctrines. My Cambo district (That's what we are called by the other missionaries here) always speaks Cambodian for every word we know in Cambodian. We learn a lot faster when we try to apply it in regular conversation also. We've all become really good friends! I love my district so much! My zone is really awesome. We call ourselves the SEALZ (South East Asia Language Zone) and we're here for the longest out of anyone at the MTC so we get some special privileges, one of which is that we get to see two apostles, one on Christmas and one this Thanksgiving! I'm so pumped for the Holidays here! Also i found out i don't get to actually go to Vietnam, the Vietnam part of my msiion is like a separate mission even though its under the same mission president. You can only go to Vietnam and proselyte if you're Vietnamese. But thats totally fine by me Because Cambodian is hard enough! I got to sing in the choir forTuesdaynight devotional where Elder Teh spoke to us about how we are like Ammon who gave up the kingdom to go serve and we likewise gave up all other worldly pursuits to serve. The spirit is so Strong all the time here, it truly testifies of Christ and the truthfulness of his church. When teaching our "investigator" in Khmer we bore testimony of the power of prayer and how God promises to answer our prayers should we pray in faith. "And when ye shall recieve these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.  And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things"
I'll send Some pictures in a bit because i left my Camera at the residence!


No comments:

Post a Comment