Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This is Life Eternal

 I, Elder Brewer, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
  For it came to pass that as Elder Nhoem and I went forth from the church we had no means of transportation, having left our bikes at our dwelling, and thus we borrowed of the sisters for an half an hour to go unto the members of the church to visit. Therefore, having arrived at our destination, we found that the member had a daughter that had the desire to be baptized unto repentance. And thus we see that Elder Nhoem and I received another investigator. And having accomplished our design, we journeyed back again to the church. But while we were thus journeying, the bike of one of the Sisters broke. And it came to pass that I began to be exceedingly astonished, for I had done no other thing than ride the bike. And it came to pass, that upon returning to the church, the sister began to be angry with me, insomuch that she stomped her foot repeatedly upon the ground. And thus we see that when we borrow the bike of a Sister, we must immediately repair all damages, that we may be found blameless at the last day. 
  And it came to pass that as we taught our investigator Sombat, we warned him of the temptations of the devil and putting the Lord first. And behold, we committed him to be baptized on the twentieth day of the ninth month of the two thousand and fourteenth year of the coming of our Lord. And behold he did accept. And as we went forth from the house of Sombat, behold my companion dropped the phone into a puddle upon the ground. And I began to fear exceedingly lest we should have no means to communicate with our leader. Nevertheless, my fears were in vain, for the phone was not destroyed. Yea, even it did work after its proper order.
  For it came to pass, that as we went forth to visit some of the lost sheep of the fold, we came across the brother of Ream. Ream being a follower of Christ but having put the cares of the world before his devotion, wherefore, we did teach the brother of Ream, with the assistance of Ream, about the restoration of the gospel in these latter-days by the prophet Joseph Smith. And behold the Brother of Ream was called Daen. For Dean was a man of a curious heart, wherefore he did accept our invitation to read the Book of Mormon and ponder it and ask the Lord of the truthfulness of it in prayer and supplication to Him. And thus we see that I, and my companion, did receive another investigator. 
  For it came to pass in the days that my companion and I dwelt in Battambang, that there came a new missionary to dwell in our midst, and we did call him Elder Ngov. For he was of Cambodian descent, nevertheless he had dwelt in America all his days. Wherefore, it came to pass, that we went forth and prayed unto the Lord, yea, even with all our heart, on behalf of our people. And the Lord bade us that we should read his holy word. And it came to pass that as we read, we were filled with the spirit of the Lord. And it came to pass that we went forth into the streets of the city of Battambang, and we did preach unto the people the things which we had read in the book, manifesting plainly of the coming of a messiah and the redemption of the world. And it came to pass that as some heard these things they were angry with us, and they sought to cast us out. But behold, I, Elder Brewer, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance
  For behold, it came to pass that as we went forth unto the church, for behold we had been privileged to have district conference, wherefore we went forth unto the church and behold, a man whom we had contacted yesterday did come and join our congregation. And thus we see that the Lord had softened his heart, insomuch that he did come unto the church building to receive of the spirit of the Lord. And behold, I was called upon to play piano for the conference. And it came to pass that Sister Moon, the wife of the President of the Mission, behold she did ask of me that I might translate for her. And behold I did translate for her. And now behold, we did go forth in the spirit of the Lord and we did find many who did desire to receive the word. And behold we did teach many of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, yea, we did teach many of repentance through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and baptism by water, and then cometh the baptism by fire and by the holy ghost unto the remission of sins. And now behold I , Elder Brewer, do make an end of my writings. For behold I cannot write but little for the shortness of time I am given. Therefore, I bid you farewell, until we shall meet again. Even so, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment