Monday, March 31, 2014

Preaching to Prepared People

Hello all you great people!
  First off Happy Birthday to my big sis Andrea! I love you and miss you!!
  Last Monday I went to a KFC in Phnom Penh! It was expensive compared
to all the other meals I've eaten here and didn't fill me up. But it
was a fun experience anyway! Then on the way back home a guy rode up
on his bike next to us and asked if we taught English. Luckily for him
we did! As well as something even more important, The Gospel. We
referred him to the missionaries in his area and told him where the
church was and when English class was. It was cool! We did most of the
contacting while riding our bikes through lots of traffic!! haha Then
w met with a family we contacted a while ago and started teaching them
that night. The 12 year old daughter was the most excited about it and
I could see the light of Christ in her. She was super eager to pray
and was telling her parents to close their eyes and hug their arms! It
was so great to see that she could feel the spirit so easily! We truly
need to become as little children, humble, submissive, and meek, in
order to feel the spirit more readily.
  We got invited to teach a lesson in Family Home Evening at the
Branch President's house and rode on the back of a trailer attached to
a moto which belongs to a member because its so far away to his house.
It was very exhilarating!
  When we met with Reak Smey, the nephew of the Branch president, we
taught the first lesson and I invited him to be baptized and he
accepted! So we've got his baptism coming up April 27th! Then that
same day we met with another family which was a referral from a
member. The father, Rana, is the son of a Branch President in
Battambong and had been given a priesthood blessing by his father on
at least three different occasions. He has been prepared so well for
us to teach him! We met with him and taught his wife and 8 year old
daughter the first lesson which subsequently followed by me inviting
them to be baptized on the 27th of April. We had explained that Jesus
Christ was baptized and subsequently invited them by asking if they
would follow the example of Jesus Christ by... and before I even got
the rest of the sentence out they all with one accord said they
promise to follow it. They are so wonderful! The spirit was incredible
in that humble abode they dwelt in, where two simple servants of the
Lord taught the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Saturday was a good day also! We finally got to teach one of our
investigators from a long time ago that had gone to work in the city
for 2 months. We taught the Restoration of the church and committed
her to be baptized on the 20th of April. This month is going to be so
good!! We've got some high goals and plan on working like crazy to
accomplish them!
 Sunday was full of surprises! President Moon and his wife (my
mission president) showed up to our sacrament meeting. Then I had to
play the piano on the spot for the hymns we sing because Elder Harris
(who usually plays) didn't show up on time on account of his sick
companion. So those were two really fun things! To finish off the day
we showed a recent convert the DVD "Finding Faith in Christ" which is
a wonderful film. I felt the spirit testify of Christ in my heart
when it was over, even though it was in Khmer. I know Jesus Christ
lives. He is my savior and my redeemer. I know that Joseph Smith was
his prophet, called to restore the full truth of Christ's Gospel. I
believe in continuing revelation. I know the spirit reveals truth. I
live everyday in humble gratitude that the Lord has been so merciful
as to bestow the Gift of the Holy Ghost on me. This heavenly being
guides all I do in this work. I trust in Christ. I have faith in
Christ. I pray that you may strive to gain the faith that Nephi,
Jacob, Moroni, and many other incredibly men had in the Book of
Mormon. Follow the words of Alma in Alma 32 and nourish the seed of
your faith. "For it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is
by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these
things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because
of unbelief, and all is vain." Moroni 7:37.






No comments:

Post a Comment