Monday, July 21, 2014

Leading

Hello Chumriabsua! 
  Mah! Well this week I was well taken care of for sure. Monday we went out to lunch with a Canadian member who is here working for a non-profit. He bought us lunch and it was yummy! Then we played some volleyball at the church and our investigator named Heng showed up and said he wanted to meet. So we ran home and changed (our house is across the street from the church) before we taught him. He's super solid. He knows the Bible extremely well and he told us he has dreams where a man in a white robe will come and explain scriptures to him that he was reading the night before. Its incredible. Cambodian culture is heavily centered on dreams and visions in the night. So Lehi's dream is well accepted. After Him we went and taught Cheng to prepare her for her baptism on Saturday! Her faith just gets stronger and stronger.
  Tuesday after district meeting a recent convert of the Sister's invited us all to eat spaghetti at her house and the Senior couple made peanut butter cookies. So happy. we got to teach Srey Pov again this week and commit her to baptism on the9th of August. She is the daughter of two less active members that have started coming back by the efforts of the missionaries. I love to see people make the choice to come back to Christ and be numbered again among His fold. English class on Wednesday was special activities night and we did a pioneer theme! I had the go fishing for words to define or sentences to correct. It was a fun night! 
  Thursday morning my companion left to Phnom Penh and while I waited for my new companion I went on exchange with Elder Ang and Kim. I had to do weekly planning by myself and it was very stressful. Especially since I now have to lead this area and know everything about it for my new companion. Yay Leading! Thursday was fun proselyting in the other Elder's area.Friday we did the same because my companion didn't come until friday night. But that morning we got to do some fun service of leveling dirt in someone's garden. Yay! Friday night Elder Nhoem showed up! He's super great. He wants to work hard and he's a great companion!
  Saturday morning Elders Ang and Kim called us to help them do some more service in their area and told us to meet us at the bridge. Unfortunately I went to the wrong one. A 30 minute bike ride of a mess up. So we rode 30 more minutes to the correct bridge and then went and helped someone move bricks. Exhausting. To top it off it started pouring on us. It was really fun! At 5 Cheng got baptized by me and the spirit was overwhelming. This gospel is so true.
  Sunday we got 132 people at church. Not yet 150 but we're working really hard to get there. We visited a lot of members so my companion can become familiar with the area and the members. Anyway I'm out of time today but I love you all so much! I'll send pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment