Tuesday, February 3, 2015

January 26, 2015

Well Hello there!

This week was really great! We locked down our investigators and met them a whole lot this week to prepare two of them for baptism yesterday! Dallin and Saruan were baptized yesterday.Saruan had to get married before he could get baptized so we had a wedding this week at the church! Woo! Me and my companions sung a special number "Families can be together forever" in khmer. It was a fun ceremony. My companion got this random growth in his mouth that looked nasty and hurt like the dickens. So we went to an international dentist and got it cut open and then they vacuumed all the blood out. Also they gave him no pain killers because it wouldn't help any. he said out of 10 it was a 9 on the pain scale and the entire time he was crying. The dentist assistant had to wipe his tears more than his mouth. Today Elder Quirante and I are going to get our teeth cleaned there. Cross your fingers! 

This last Saturday night I think I got food poisoning cuz I woke up at 12:30 am and had an upset stomach. It all went downhill from there. I tried to take pepto bismol but that had little to no effect. The next morning we had church so I had to endure the first two hours and then the third hour I got a blessing from my companions and rested a bit. After church was the baptisms and I was performing two of them. The Lord gave me enough strength to perform both with no problems and even sing a special musical number. It was a tender mercy. After that I went home and rested a little while like Coriantumer before smiting off the... wait I mean before going proselyting some more. 

I know that the Lord God lives. He loves us. He knows us and hears and answers our prayers. Every time we pray, we exercise faith that He will hear, that He is there. I know that The Savior Jesus Christ lives. I know that through His grace we are redeemed by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. I know that God is a loving God. That He gave us our agency and He respects it. He will never force us to following Him, but I give my witness with that of the Prophet Thomas S. Monson "that when God speaks and a man obeys, that man will always be right."
He knows what we need to do to be exalted for He has walked that path and reigns in righteousness over all things. I pray that we will choose to follow Him. We will choose to apply the atonement of Christ in our lives every day and partake of the holy emblems of the sacrament each week. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment