Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Successful River

Dearest family and friends,

This is the best time to be a missionary ever. It is the time written of in Jacob by the prophet Zenos when the Lord shall send his servants to tend to the vineyard and bring forth much good fruit to lay up unto the season. And they were obedient unto every commandment of the Lord. This is the last time He shall tend His vineyard and then cometh the Millennium when the Lord will lay up much good fruit unto Himself and then the end cometh. I am so blessed to be a part of this the Lord's work in these latter-days. We are all a part of it! And we shall have joy in the fruit of our labors in the kingdom of our Father!

I have had a blast in Stung Mean Chey (The Successful River) with Elder Osborne. We are doing real work! We had 5 investigators at church yesterday and we got 5 new investigators just this week alone! The Lord is hastening His work in its time and we are seeing more and more people being prepared to receive the gospel.Our mission president said that there were 5 people ready to receive the gospel in our areas. Five new people every single week. Elder Osborne and I prayed that we would find them and it looks like we did because we got 5 new investigators this week. I'm way pumped for the Lord's work. We are working hard and getting blessings! I haven't been happier. 

I have been doing an audio journal every night so maybe I'll send some highlights your way so ya'll can know what's been happening out here. It rained way hard yesterday for about an hour so we got a little wet but its no big deal! 

Also President Moon said that Elder Jeffery R. Holland is coming to our mission in August. So I will likely get to meet an Apostle of The Lord! I'm way excited. 

We had Mission Leadership Training this last week as well as Zone conference. At MLT we learned a bunch about leadership and what kind of qualities a leader has. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are the greatest leaders of all so if we do what they would do then we will be great leaders. We had Zone Conference this week and I was asked to translate for the whole 3 hours. It was way fun but I couldn't take any notes. Usually when I translate its way hard to get anything out of it but this time I prayed really hard that I would have the gift of tongues and that I would be spiritually uplifted. We learned a lot about the sacrament and how to make it a sacred experience for ourselves and our investigators and members. I feel that the new way the church is organizing sacrament meetings is very inspired of the Lord and that if properly instituted it will increase the faith immensely of all those in attendance. Sister Moon talked about working hard and pushing through hard times and getting blessings for our work. We also talked about how to make our English class a better tool for new investigators and a more professional atmosphere. We also got cookies from Sister Moon that were way good. 

I want you all to know that Jesus Christ is at the head of this church. He is our Savior and King. He lives and loves each and every one of us. Following Him is the way we reach our divine potential. It is the Only way. It is the whole reason we were born! Don't let your carnal nature keep you from that goal! This life is the time that we come to master our bodies and our desires so that we can have them exalted in the eternities. Don't ever give that up for temporary (only in this life) satisfaction. The sacrifice is worth the reward! I love you all! Keep pushing forward through adversity. Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. Let God be your captain and realize that every trial is an opportunity for growth! Its God telling you that He trusts you to overcome and come out stronger and better and more faithful than ever before. I hope that when I meet God I will be confident before Him that I did my all and repented of that which aught to be repented of and that I applied the mercy and Grace of the Holy One of Israel. He atoned for YOU! In His Holy name, even Jesus Christ. Amen.

With love,
Elder Lyle R. Brewer

pics
I got me trying to talk to a less active member through their window. I'm translating in one of these. Me and my companion being goofy. My cool fruit tie from the Japanese Recycle shop. A sick car we saw.












No comments:

Post a Comment