Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Late



Fam,

This was a great week. I Had a swell opportunity to go be a part of MLC so I could teach everyone about the English Class Test that I helped write. So that was fun. I also got to see the new President in action. There was one point where he stood up and started talking and the spirit testified to me that he was called of God. That was cool. He taught us that we need to set goals on things we can control. Everyone should have joy in the work every single day because you feel successful, even if the key indicators don't show results. You simply focus on the things you can control and do your very best in those areas and the Lord will show unto you that He can do His own work. He taught us that when we get off our missions we should be able to look back and say "Best thing I've ever done in my life." He taught us from the prophets that revelation happens on the move. I can attest to that 100%. I've seen it time and time again! 

My companion and I found 8 new investigators this week. Its quite a fun time really. One of our investigators decided he wanted to move hid baptismal dates up a week for next week. He's learned all the lessons and come to church a bunch so we thought it was a good idea as well! We had his interview yesterday after church! His name is Seng Hort and he is extremely converted. He fasted last week and paid fast offerings and as soon as he did so he said his friend called him and said he was going to give him money for something Seng helped him with a long time ago and it was more than 12 times the amount he had just paid. He attributed it to the Lord blessing him for obedience. I told him he was right. 

Friday we did service moving dirt. That was a treat. I haven't been able to do big service for a long time. Its hard to find people to serve in the city. They never have anything for us to help do! But we had a good time and Elder Suanders loved getting to work hard!

I went on exchange on Saturday with an Elder in my district, Elder Palmer. He's a great guy who felt his Khmer wasn't up to par or coming fast enough. So throughout the day the Lord blessed him when more than a dozen Cambodian people told him he speaks way clear. So that was nice. 

All in all a very good week.

I know that my redeemer lives! I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Read it, ponder the words within, and pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ and He will answer your prayer and tell you the truth by the power of the Holy Ghost. I've seen it happen time and time again. Its the truth! I love it and I will never leave it for it is the power of God unto salvation to all those who believe and follow Christ! 

Love you!

Elder Lyle Brewer

Some pics from my adventures this week.
We had the worst traffic Jam I've ever seen in my life and it took a bunch of police and a guy with a mega phone to come clear it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment