Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A New Look at Life

Dearest Ones,

Its been a great week. Filled with the spirit of the Lord and visual progress from those teaching (me and my comp) and those being taught. We gave baptismal dates to a few more investigators and Elder Saunders has been making leaps and bounds this week in the language. In this last week his ability to read, speak, and understand has increased four-fold. The gift of tongues is real my friends. It is a true gift of the spirit to teach the gospel in a foreign tongue. 

Monday we started teaching a new investigator named Meah Setra and he was very open to our message having studied about Jesus in his youth.  We also taught our investigator named Makara from English class. He is learning with us often but still has not yet received an answer about the book of Mormon. We finished the night meeting with Ponlok and teaching him about the priesthood and committed him to read some passages from D&C 84. 

Tuesday was a great day as usual. Tuesday and Friday are some of my favorite days because I get to go to Oven Village (ភូមិឡ) and teach our recent converts and many investigators there including Sombor, Srey Niang, Sarith, Srey Touc, and Duoen. They are all wonderful people! We also met with Saruan and Sina as well as Vany and his friends. There were a lot of great lessons that day. They are all preparing to be baptized on future dates and they each are making progress in different ways.

Wednesday was also a day for two new investigators named Tola and Ra, a couple that we contacted a week ago and they were pretty receptive as well! Thursday we had interviews with the mission president and it was a blast We had such a good talk all about my trainee and the direction of the mission and some of the techniques that I have developed as a missionary and while I waited for my companion I chatted with the mission president's wife and had a good talk about how to help increase retention. She asked me to write her up a report about all the things that I have learned in my experience as to how to do effective missionary work in Cambodia. She said she trusts me because I've been here for quite a while now and she knows my track record. So that was quite an honor. So I have been brainstorming and writing and next week I'll have something to give her.

Well I'd like to tell you more about how we had an awesome council for Zone training this friday and how we had some miracles contacting people and getting return appointments and finding the elect of God. I'd also like to tell you how important it is for Members to be involved in missionary work in order for it to be of any lasting value. I'd like to tell you something about how you are called just as I am to minister to God's children wherever you may be. I'd like to impress upon you how church is more than the sacrament, but a kingdom, a group of people trying to create Zion and a place of refuge to strengthen one another against the wiles of the Devil. But I ran out of time so I'll just tell you that I know the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a man called of God to be a prophet, seer, and revelator. I know Jesus is the Christ and that He LIVES. Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's anointed today. I know this from the Holy Ghost, having pondered, prayed, and fasted many times to know of myself. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Lyle R. Brewer

 Cool sky last night

Happy Birthday Tabitha!

Happy Birthday Levi!

Khmer CTR ring

No comments:

Post a Comment